THE STAIRCASEMany travel from far and wide to admire our
‘National Trust’ listed staircase. Locally cut Blackwood was sent to England to be turned and crafted (notice the beautifully detailed classic English acorns), before being shipped back to Queenstown in 1904.
It was then assembled in our foyer, where it was admired for some 90 years before being meticulously renovated in 1994. Today, it stands proudly in our foyer and The Empire team are dedicated to maintaining this piece of local history for decades to come.